"One man's trash is another man's treasure"- Fred Sanford



Friday, February 25, 2011

Summer travel and souvenirs for a STEAL!!


Heading out on vacation and no money for those fancy souvenirs? While traveling abroad, backpack on and barely enough money for a hostel, I still needed those memories from my travels. Seeing posters for museum openings and festivals posted all over town gave me an idea. I simply asked the merchant owner if I could have one that was in his window and BAM instant souvenir. Something light and something that could fit in my pack. Not only did it have the town I was traveling in, but also the month and year so I will never forget my travels as I stare at them on my wall everyday.  Framing is costly, so I  kept with a basic silver frame that I knew would never go out of style. These make EXCELLENTconversation starters as well .This idea can be used whether travelling to Europe, or the local strawbwerry festival....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment