"One man's trash is another man's treasure"- Fred Sanford



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Light it up! Get a little FUNKY!!!









Okay, so after a few failed attempts at making the very large lamp shade look normal, I went through some old linens and found this sheer polyester round tablecloth with leaves painted on it.  I did not paint them, trust me it would not have been pretty if I tried.After a few attempts and some careful cutting with some sharp sewing scissors, careful glue gun application, and pulling the material tight so it would not gather, this is the result.  I love how the sheer material lightens up the old shade and takes away some of the "age".  It is so "summerish" to me.  Think I will keep it...






Wow this lamp shade needs some DESPERATE updating!!
Found these two lamps at Garage sales. Different sales, same neighborhood (something was trendy back in the seventies ya think?)  But I lovem'...they just scream SPRING---so earthy. The green lamp was 8.00 and the copper lamp just 5.00.Quick clean-ups brightened up the glass bulbs. The lamps shades were quite dated so of course I recovered the green lampshade (seen in pic) and the brown  lampshade is a work in progress but I wanted to post some before picures because this lamp shade is very obnoxious and big. I will post when I complete the transformation...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment