"One man's trash is another man's treasure"- Fred Sanford



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A trunk full of joy for your little girl or boy!







I made these for a girlfriends who has twins, a girl and boy. This project was a cinch. One of these trunks was mine from college ( really beat up) and the other was found in a pile of junk on trash day (score). Some cleaning and paint spruced these up. Also, went to Micheals for embellishments and the letters for the names. It was so much fun selecting addons of their favorite things.I also think it is neat how the copper paint on the corners makes them look like "treasure chests".  I then broke the locks and padded the edges for safety. I also placed some carpet remnants on the bottom to keep the toybox noise to a minimum. I think I may make one  for a friend who is having a baby...a baby theme and fill it with diapers and bottles etc. I hope she likes it, and I hope this gives you ideas for some creative things to do with "just an old trunk"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment